Post Judgement Family Law Modifications

Often times, it is necessary to modify current family law court orders. If you were divorced or you share custody of a minor child, you may need to modify or even enforce orders of child custody, alimony, child support or other post-judgement matter that is modifiable.

Alimony Modifications

Most alimony orders in Florida can be modified post divorce if it meets the criteria.  The law supports requesting an upward or downward modification of alimony when there has been a substantial change in circumstances after an order has been entered. Reasons for requesting a modification of alimony can vary. Financial changes or other changes may be considered if substantial, involuntary and unexpected.  Tampa alimony attorney Nilo J Sanchez has over 25 years of experience representing clients who have sought to modify their alimony. To determine whether it is feasible for you to seek a modification or termination of an alimony award, please contact our office for a consultation.

Child Custody & Timesharing Modifications

Child Custody and timesharing disputes often arise after a final judgement is entered. Florida law states that a parent can seek a modification of custody or timesharing when (1) there is a substantial, involuntary, material and permanent change in circumstances that was not anticipated by either party at the time of the final judgment; and (2) changing the timesharing schedule is in the best interest of the child(ren). Source: FL Statutes 61.13.

It is crucial to hire the best Tampa child custody lawyer to represent your particular needs. Every child custody case is unique and there are a variety of reasons why substantial changes that may warrant modification may occur. Whatever the reason, Nilo J Sanchez understands that many child custody cases are highly emotional and some can become quite contentious. Hiring a skilled and focused family law litigator to represent you in a child custody case is crucial to obtain the best possible outcome. It is up to your child custody attorney to make a case to the courts as to why modifying your current order of timesharing or custody is in the best interest of your children.

Parental Relocation & Custody Modifications

When a parent seeks to relocate with a minor child in excess of 50 miles from the address that was listed on their final order, they will need to seek a modification and the court’s permission.
Learn more:
Relocating with a minor child. 

Child Support Modifications

Child support can also be modified in Florida if it meets the criteria under Florida law. If you have questions about modifying your current child support order, or, if you are seeking to modify timesharing or there has been a substantial change in timesharing, you should speak with an attorney to discuss your case. Remember, if you have had a change in circumstances that meet the criteria under the law, it is much better to seek out a modification of child support, rather than fall behind in your child support obligations. Alternatively, we understand how important it is to receive your court ordered child support. If you are not receiving your court ordered child support, please call us for a consultation so we can discuss your options.

Schedule a Consultation with a Tampa Family Law Modification Attorney

Call 813-879-4600 or use the form below to reach out to our law firm.